DIY Bunk Bed House

$190

Hi Hometalk! If you're looking to give your kids some imaginative inspiration, why not give this a try? I started off by building a bunk bed which became a playhouse. I used two old single beds!! Here's how I made it:
First, you're oging to want to take the two old beds and make four long legs for the bunk bed. You will then drill the two beds in place.
Once the two beds are in place, it'll look like classic bunk bed. After this, you can start building the play house accents.
First start with builing the walls. I also added a sweet little window for each bed.
Here is the bed with the walls up. Our little girl is so excited for her new play house bed!
The next step was to add a roof. We had some leftover laminate flooring which I used.
We added some sweet accents like the kids' names, painted paneling, and some hanging decor. You can add whatever you'd like!
We love how it turned out, and hope you love it too, and maybe give it a try. Take a look at more of my projects over on my Instagram @ malanheyns

• SinTwistr1

How do you change bedding now that you've really enclosed both mattresses? Our bunks were short-lived because I'm short and struggle with any bed against "a" wall. Now there is an extra half wall. I wouldn't be able to deal with bedding on the bottom bunk. The top is totally out of the question. How do you and others handle this?

• Carolyn from NH

Years back when my children were bunk bed age, I put on a clean fitted sheet and pillow case. On top of that I bought them each a sleeping bag. Each morning I took the sleeping bags out for a shake, zipped it and layer it on top of their sheet. Every week clean sheet and sleeping bag along with pillow case. They loved it and it was fairly easy for me to maintain. Their mattress were lite as well.

• Karen Anne Mahoney

Super cute, but one question--how on earth do you change the bedding on these? is it difficult?

• Hon21216036

It's really cute. But how do you make the beds, with the front walls in the way?

• Mamma

Please review all the previous answers. This question has been asked and answered several times now, thanks.

• Terri S

This is so cute! These would be perfect for those zip up comforters called Beddy's.

• Jeanenne

I love this. So adorable. Thanks for the idea!!