DIY Bunk Bed House

$190

Hi Hometalk! If you're looking to give your kids some imaginative inspiration, why not give this a try? I started off by building a bunk bed which became a playhouse. I used two old single beds!! Here's how I made it:
First, you're oging to want to take the two old beds and make four long legs for the bunk bed. You will then drill the two beds in place.
Once the two beds are in place, it'll look like classic bunk bed. After this, you can start building the play house accents.
First start with builing the walls. I also added a sweet little window for each bed.
Here is the bed with the walls up. Our little girl is so excited for her new play house bed!
The next step was to add a roof. We had some leftover laminate flooring which I used.
We added some sweet accents like the kids' names, painted paneling, and some hanging decor. You can add whatever you'd like!
We love how it turned out, and hope you love it too, and maybe give it a try. Take a look at more of my projects over on my Instagram @ malanheyns

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions

• SinTwistr1

How do you change bedding now that you've really enclosed both mattresses? Our bunks were short-lived because I'm short and struggle with any bed against "a" wall. Now there is an extra half wall. I wouldn't be able to deal with bedding on the bottom bunk. The top is totally out of the question. How do you and others handle this?

• Flipturn

Thanks for sharing Carolyn.

I bet now there are times when you wish you could exchange all the times you worried about the sheets not being on the beds properly for cuddle moments with your 'wee ones'.

• Karen Anne Mahoney

Super cute, but one question--how on earth do you change the bedding on these? is it difficult?

• Hon21216036

It's really cute. But how do you make the beds, with the front walls in the way?

• Mamma

Please review all the previous answers. This question has been asked and answered several times now, thanks.

• Jeanenne

I love this. So adorable. Thanks for the idea!!

• Flipturn

Children grow up so fast.....

I hope that your family will have happy memories in the future of this adorable custom bed made with love.

Sweet Dreams Girls.