Asked on Jan 18, 2020

How do I clean car headlights?

WilliamHomeroadBetsy
+6

• Mogie

You can use the same polish like Mother's Mag Polish or other polishes for chrome rims. They usually have a little bit of grit but it's very gentle. It helps to buff the yellowed plastic off revealing the still clear plastic underneath. You just need to use some type of rubbing compound that is actually going to buff the yellow off.

• Cynthia H

When I polished mine, I used white toothpaste and a microfiber cloth. Buff it out.

• Vimarhonor

Hello! Are they clouded and you wish to restore?

My husband used this product and it worked very well.

Heres a link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-HDLCAL-Headlight-Restore-Kit/dp/B01FSUKLDW

I often include Amazon links with answering questions —only because I personally can be influenced by the Amazon customer reviews and QA features— that often educate and influence my buying decisions in comparing the quality and effectiveness of products. It might help offer you some information to determine if its a product that could help you

Hi Leslie: Any bug spray will work so long as it has DEET. The more, the better.

What I used was a product called Motsenbockers® Lift Off® Latex Paint Remover - 4.5 oz. Just be sure the can says "safe for plastic". I put it on with one of those magic eraser sponges, rubbing lightly, let it sit for about 5 or 10 seconds and rub off. Then clean with water and use Rain-X, again being sure this says 'safe for plastic', too. If it's not, just use wax. You may have to do it a couple of times, but it has worked for me. Takes about 10 minutes for both headlights and is under $6, and you still have product left over.

I saw this on Instructibles, but don't know about it at all. Here is the site: How to Fix Cloudy Headlights

Good luck

I did my daughters car. Used a White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and rub in a circular motion a small area at a time. Keep the toothpaste moist. A separate wet cloth squeezing water as you rub. Wipe as you go along to see the progress. Once done put some paste wax over the lenses.

• Homeroad

Here is a tutorial for cleaning head lights https://www.pinterest.com/pin/441282463477498363/

Dwp7470b. Doesn't matter. I gave instructions.