Repurposing Shutters Into a Table or Shelf!

$30

Hey there, Sweet Friends, old shutters can be repurposed into beautiful furniture pieces. Today I’m going to show you how. It's Cynthia at Create WIth Cynthia and you can visit my website at www.CreateWIthCynthia.com. Now let's get started.
I kind of have a thing for table legs, especially if they're spindle. Do you? I also have a thing for shutters, especially when I find them on the side of the road. But did you know…..
I’m kind of afraid of power tools. Me and power tools don’t always get along. That’s why I usually go to the local Hardware Store and have them cut my wood.
But for this project, I had to use power tools and I found myself procrastinating. I knew I had to cut the wood and use a drill to put on the hardware! I already had wood around the house and I didn’t want to buy more.
But when I finally pushed through my fear and started working on the project, it was a breeze and now it’s all complete and pretty! What do you think?
Remember I told you that  “One person’s junk is another person’s treasure?”  in my blog post last week? Well, table legs and old hardware in my opinion fall under that category. Doing furniture makeovers has left me with a few extra table legs. These lion legs came from a table that broke. I left the table outside and it rained and well….. I was left with four legs.
Just in case you want to recreate this project I am providing the tutorial. In case, you don’t have all the materials needed in your home, I’m also including some links of similar items in the blog post. This is a super simple and re-create-able project. And if you are afraid or don’t have any power tools, you can get away with just using a screw driver.
In the meantime, I wanted to tell you, I created a new video while I was painting a new set of shutters. NOT the Shutter Turned Table! You can watch the NEW video here,  “Watch Me Wednesday, Episode #2 and a Talking About Assumptions!”
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE SHUTTER TURNED TABLE:
  • Shutter
  • Two Table Legs
  • Piece of wood that is the width of your shutter
  • Hardware – leg mounting plates and shelf brackets
  • Drill or Screw driver set
SHUTTER TURNED TABLE INSTRUCTIONS:Step one: Gather your materials and set aside. You may need to cut your shelf from some existing wood, or purchase a piece of wood the width of your shutter.  My wood piece measured 18 inches wide and I choose a depth of one foot. I had to cut my wood, but you can always go to your local hardware store and have them cut it for you.
Step two: Clean wood pieces and paint or stain.  I used Mr. Meyers cleaning spray and a rag to clean my pieces. I then painted the shutter, table legs and piece of wood with Debi’s Design Diary DIY Paint in the color White Swan and Tarnished Pearl. I mixed the two colors together to create my own color. I then sealed the surface with DIY Paint Big Top.
Step three: Assemble your Shutter turned table.
Measure the width of your shutter to determine the shelf/table top width.
Also measure your table legs to determine where on the shutter your shelf will sit.
I used a shelf bracket and a table leg bracket.
It's so easy and if you don't want to use a drill you can just use a screw driver.
But, honestly the hand drill is alot easier.
Enjoy!
Don't forget to visit CreateWithCynthia.com and subscribe to my blog posts. You can also visit my channel on You Tube at Create With Cynthia.Now go out there and Create Something!

Create With Cynthia