Upcycle a Buffet Table

$50
1 Day

We have an oak buffet table bought probably about fifteen years ago, at the time I thought my taste in furniture would never change. But it has! There is nothing wrong with this sideboard but it just doesn’t feel like me anymore... I causally mentioned painting it purple to my husband. I am delighted to say he agreed.
Upcycling a sideboard (as it is known here in the UK) is incredible easy to do but you do need to spend time in the prep. It is well worth taking the time to remove the handles and thoroughly clean the buffet table. Any grease on it will prevent paint adhering.
As I planned on knocking back the edges to give a worn look I chose to paint the edges of the furniture in grey fusion mineral paint.
Once this had dried I used a beeswax block along the areas I intended to sand back to. This acts as a resist and helps with the sanding process.
Next up to paint the buffet table with twilight geranium fusion mineral paint, and allow to dry for thirty minutes.Sand back along the edges, where you applied the beeswax.
Once fully dry reattach your handles, or fit new. I personally love these grey leather handles.
Lastly style the buffet table. We have treated ourselves to indoor houseplants as our 15th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves. The once dull items of the living room is transformed with the bold colour choice complimented with green plants.
For a more detailed tutorial check out the you tube video (don’t forget to subscribe to my channel) or read the detailed tutorial “ how to upcycle a sideboard”

Vickymcreations

• Christine

One more thing; did you use any particular product to clean your sideboard? Thank you, Christine

• Vickymcreations

Have to admit at this has had light use I only used washing up liquid and then regretted it and had to redo one draw!