Asked on Jan 20, 2020

How do I remove labels from wine bottles?

Joy30150932Kim CrenshawHolly Bertone | Pink Fortitude
+7

how do you remove labels from wine bottles

• I just soak them in the sink with super hot water and white vinegar. You can also try WD 40 or Goo Gone or similar type product.

• Pamela

Hi ! I soak the bottle in hot soapy water for a half an hour , then I use a hard plastic pot scrapper or spatula to scrape off the label , if the label doesn't come completely off then rub the area with dish soap then soak it a second time in hot soapy and after another half hour you should be able to scrape it all off and any of the sticky residue should come off using a scrubbie pad or brillo . I try to avoid using goo be gone or other oily products , depending on what project I am doing . Good luck !

• Kathy Gunter Law

I have a great set of scrapers. After soaking in hot soapy water, they usually come off bottles with a little help from these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F5XMBKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Beth

Hot soapy water will likely do the trick if you soak them for a little while, and if you have a sprayer on your kitchen sink, use it to spray off the paper. A little bit of Goo Gone can help you get rid of any remaining gunk.

• Annie

Lots of time soaking in hot really soapy water. Then a little scrubbing if you still need it.

• Lucky Home Today

Soak in hot soapy water. Follow up with Goo Gone as needed.

• Libbie B

Hot soapy water and a magic eraser works wonder.

• HI Jay - Soak in water overnight. Then you can scrape it off. Be careful if you use a knife! Hope this helps. Hugs, Holly

• Kim Crenshaw

The best way to remove any label is to soak in hot water first and if there is any residue left, scrub with a small dab of vegetable oil.

• Joy30150932

I soak mine in warm vinegar water to remove most of the label and then use WD40 to remove any glue residue. Wash the bottles thoroughly before using.