Playroom DIY Accent Wall

$35

We don’t have a huge home, so it’s important that we make use of every room. We initially had an extra room that was a guest room and with having guests maybe once a year, it was a waste of space. I decided that it would be better transformed into a playroom/ guest room. This blog post is showing you how I added a fun accent wall.
This was the plain wall. Definitely needed some sprucing up so why not do a diy stamp!
I used my all time favorite chalk paint by Jolie Paints in Slate color. I had a can on hand so didn’t have to purchase the paint. You could use any paint or budget for it in your project cost.
For the stamp, I ended up loving the shape of a piece of polystyrene from some boxes I had laying around. The idea and inspiration behind this blog is to inspire you to make a stamp out of pretty much anything!!!
Dipped it lightly in the paint and began stamping.

Alternating the direction of the stamp created a fun imperfect pattern.
Next up on the wall was to add some wooden letters from Michaels.
I used a level laser to help create a straight line to place the letters.
I used command strips to stick the letters. This is a great way to make it easy to remove without holes in the wall.
The letters went up so nicely and having the laser helped a ton.
This is the finished wall and I couldn’t be happier! Stay tuned for a full room reveal.