Painted Metal Storage Cabinet

$25

Who says your garage has to be boring!? While I recognize that having colorful shelves won't make my painting projects turn out any better or dry any faster BUT they will make them a bit more fun! I was looking for a way to organize my painting supplies and found these awesome cabinets on Amazon.
I knew these would be the perfect place to store my spray paints, small buckets of paint, paint rollers, brushes, drop cloths and more. I loved that they had doors and a handy little lock (which is great for keeping out little kiddies) My only problem with them - they were a bit boring!
I started by taping off each section. I went back and forth from top to bottom, alternating which area I was painting so the paint could be covered and dry while I worked on the other section. The shelf brackets made it easy to see where each section ended (and gave me a little wiggle room for mess ups since they covered where the sections meet).
Once I had everything taped, I added a few quick coats of spray paint. This project is pretty simple - just paint and tape - but took all weekend because I had to let it dry. Because it was such a small space, I also had to be careful not to breath in too much.
After the cabinet and shelves were painting, I put everything back together and used these cabinets to organize my paint supplies!
Click here to purchase these cabinets for your garage!

Amber Oliver

• Janice

Nice! Anything to make life more enjoyable is great. Good job! Where I live, paints can't be stored in the garage because of the heat!

• Marie

I store my paint in my garage and outdoor porch. Never had a problem in FL. Most of my problem is metal sheds. It rusts everything. So metal sheds dont work in FL. Unless u want a rusty mower etc. I never owned a wood shed. So I cant vouch for that in FL. Tampa Bay Area.

• Robyn Garner

LOL! Your storage cabinet is nicer than my furniture hee hee