The Secret to Hanging Photos Easily

$120

This simple secret to hanging photos easily will blow your mind! It saves you so much time and frustration so you can easily hang your pictures without nailing a million holes in the wall to get it just right. Subscribe to my blog A Brick Home for more DIY & decorating projects like this!

HERE'S HOW TO HANG YOUR PHOTOS EASILY

Step 1: Measure your wall

You will need to measure your wall so you know exactly where you want your photo to go. Or, if you're just hanging one photo and want to eyeball it, you can do that as well. If you're making a gallery wall like I did, then you should definitely measure your wall to make sure your spacing is correct!For my gallery wall, I measured 8 inches up from my chair rail and 2.5 inches between photo frames.

Step 2: Put toothpaste on your frame hangers

This is the trick to hanging your photos easily! You want to put toothpaste on the hangers of your photos. This makes it so much easier to hang your photos because you can avoid all the measuring in determining where the hangers are on your photos.When you do this, make sure to put the toothpaste at the TOP of the photo hangers. This is because that's exactly where the nail will go.

Step 3: Press your photo firmly on the wall

You'll next want to push your frame to the wall so that the toothpaste will make a dot on the walls. When you do this line up your photo frame with your measurements (or eyeball it). If you eyeball it, I suggest using a level to make sure that your photo is level when you push it into the wall to make your toothpaste dots.Make sure that you do not smudge your photo around. You want to push it into the wall and then pull it back slowly so that the toothpaste does not smudge. You want exact marks of where you need to nail in your nails.

Below you can see the toothpaste marks that the toothpaste made after I pressed my frame to the wall.

Step 4: Hammer your nails into the toothpaste marks

Step 5: Hang your photos!

Now you know exactly where they need to be hung. No more guessing exactly where the hangers are on the backs of the frames! Read the full tutorial about getting an even gallery wall.

Marly Dice @ A Brick Home

• Michelle

Just a thought. I simply just flip the picture over and mark where the hooks are on the frame on the wall.

• Cindy

But sometimes the hanger is slightly off from one frame to another frame, not just horizontal but vertically as well. So the toothpaste ensures the height difference between all the frames.

• Linda

Great idea. Will use.

• Vic

Good idea!! Just curious, Does it have to be for plaque or whitening ??