Making Use Out of Everything

$34

As I continue my journey I'm finding a lot of things I'm holding on to end up having a use. Knobs of old doors, wood to replace other bits, hinges. While looking around I cane across a table.

There was quite a few holes on the surface and no legs, but thought it was worth saving from the junk yard.

I use car bonnet filler to fill amy gaps and smooth damaged edges, its easier to sand and gives a smooth finish. I found this beautiful wood underneath all that varnish but as there was the damaged pieces I needed to cover it up and find some suitable legs.

I had so many ideas for this, I used frog tape to mark out the patterns, and after I took it of i gently sanded it back to give a smooth line. I then finished it of with bees wax which made the colour pop. You can be so adventurous with the tape even draw your shapes down first before you get brave, but any mistake or change of mind you can always paint over !

To finish of I bought these hair pin leg, you can buy them in a pack of four and you can get a range of sizes to suit your project. The result is fab!

• Patsy

What is the gold paint product?

• Tanya Marks

Ha Ha, I thought it was gold too. But with a closer look, I see the wood grain.

• Patsy

What is the gold paint product?

• Barb

It is not paint, it I see the natural wood left unpainted.

• Gail

I actually remembered I have one. Old hard rock maple with colonial legs , coffee table from my parents house. I have avoided it because it is just not my look. So i am thinking, refinish the top, take the legs off and replace with hairpin. My daughter in midcentury modern will love it. it is rather thick, a bit over an inch and probably 38-42 round. Will a heavy set of the legs hold it. 4? Not too tall. Coffee table height. Your thoughts???

• Sanders Furnishings

The should do, you could always use four hair pins? Yes I agree with above you can buy heavy duty ones aswell x

• Mara

Awesomeeee!!!! Looks super cool

• Linda Smith

I have a little table that has legs on it just like this but they fold. It is round as well. I saved it from the dump about 14 years ago.