Outdoor Bench With House Numbers and Sitting Garden

$300
1 Day

When we removed a bunch of trees out of our yard, there was one spot that I wanted to create a little sitting garden, especially since my son was off to Kindergarten and since we have a long driveway, a bench would be perfect to wait for the bus.
The spot I chose already had a tree and also it was where a tree was removed so that would save us grass seed if we mulched it!
I purchased no dig plastic edging and put it around where we wanted the garden. I also built a bench with plans I found on a website.After putting down the edging, we laid landscapers fabric and put down mulch.It looked so good! We purchased a few plants, but since it was late in the summer we decided we will fill it in this spring with even more.
The bench was lacking a little something so I received these beautiful 8" House numbers from QT Home and put them on the bench.I love the black againts the natural wood and how it plays off the black mulch.It looks absolutely stunning from the road as well. So many neighbors have complimented it...plus no-one will get our house mixed up with another!I can't wait until the Spring to add even more plants.
We also added a few pavers as sort of a walk way to the bench.
I love it and my son loves waiting for the bus sitting on it!

Tara Boettger

• Barb

Love what you did for your garden area.

We wanted to do something different than anyone else had . So a few years ago we did this . Winter time there is a lot of snow and I decorated the bench .Then in the summer we can watch fireworks from the driveway garden .

• Tawnia Johnson Paver

So cute! 💜 this idea!