Decorate Your Mailbox for Valentine's Day!

$20

Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is less than four weeks away? If you like to add some Valentine decor to your mailbox, I have the perfect easy project for you today! If you have seen how I have decorated my mailbox for holidays in the past, you will find this is a quicker and easier method.
I used a Floracraft monument saddle for the base for this project. The sides can easily be bent down around the sides of your mailbox. 
Here you can see how I began to bend them. 
Here are the wires bent to fit around my mailbox. Later I will use zip ties to attach this to the mailbox. 
Once the frame is on the mailbox, you can begin by adding greenery to the styrofoam. 
With stiff stems, you can stick them right into the foam to secure them. I use my Steel Pix machine to attach steel picks to the ends of the pieces I want to add to my arrangement. You can also use wood wired sticks to do the same thing.
When the styrofoam is almost completely covered with greenery it is time begin adding flowers. I love the look of the faux wisteria you can find, and used both pink and white for my mailbox decoration. 
Add your flowers so that it looks like they are growing out of the base. 
When you have added all of the flowers you want to add some Valentine’s love! I picked up these two glittery styrofoam hearts at Dollar Tree. I just used a wire bent in half to make a “U” shape and then used the wire to secure the heart decoration to arrangement. 
A few more hearts will add some more of the Valentine’s look! I used small styrofoam hearts and cut a small dowel, stuck one end in the hearts and the other end into the top of my arrangement. 
As simple as that, your mailbox is decorated ready to receive Valentines!  

Chloe Crabtree

• Sheryl

Love this but I have an enclosed brick mailbox. Do you have any ideas to decorate those?

• Chloe Crabtree

You should be able to make this and bend the legs of the monument saddle to fit the top of your mailbox. Then, use zip ties wrapped around your mailbox, (beneath where your mailbox door is). You can use additional zip ties to attach the legs of the monument saddle to the zip ties that are wrapped around your brick mailbox. I hope that makes sense. You can always comment on my blog post about this if you still don't understand and I will try and explain clearer.

• Beverly Wadford

you did a beautiful job! why dont you make some and sell them?

• Chloe Crabtree

Thank you so much Beverly. I travel quite a bit with my husband’s business and don’t feel like I would do a good job of making things and shipping them out in a timely manner.

• Vika

How do you make those flowers on the mailbox

• Vicki

How will this hold up in the weather? They're beautiful!

• Chloe Crabtree

Mine has help up fine in the wind, rain and sun. No snow here in Florida

• Csh16788757

Beautiful, but our police and fire department uses the addresses on mailboxes.

• Marie Garcarz

Put large letters down both side of pole easier for first responders to read or make on metal flag sticking out of top that does not bloe