Asked on Jan 23, 2020

How can I organize a space on my counter for a Kitchenaid mixer?

KmdreamerLucie - Christina F. RepurposedTinyshoes
+12

• You could put it in a deep corner when it's not in use.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello That would be an ideal storage solution. I have mine in the cabinet on top of the refrigerator and it can be dangerous to get it down with climbing a step stool. I would think a corner area of the kitchen.

Do you intend to keep it uncovered or make a cloth cozy to cover it?

Good question I need to watch the answers myself to see if there’s a suggestion on the countertop. I would expect being on an island would be another solution and keeping it at lower level away from your top workspace.

• Peggy
      Peggy

I was actually looking for a wooden cabinet with a roll up door to put the mixer in, plus a roll out shelf to roll it out for use. I have a counter that is wasted space because the refrigerator blocks the area. My brother does woodworking and may see if he can make me one. I know they used to sell cabinets with something like that built in.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

I think they are beautiful it's ok to have them on display

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

This is a tough one without photos and a bit more detail. Is this an appliance you use quite often? If so, showcase it with a pretty stand holding a cookbook. If not, is there a reason you want to leave on the counter? I purchase the metal sliding shelves for my kitchen cabinets ($20/each) and installed. It enabled me to put multiple appliances away with an easy pull out.

All that said, if your desire is to have on the counter for easy use but not always displayed consider against a wall or, as Ann suggested, in a deep corner.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

I have mine in my pantry since I rarely use it and bring it out when I need it. They are very heavy and having them stored in lower cabinets or in high areas is dangerous when you try to get them out. Also if you drop them they can be expensive to be worked on and they will leak oil if you tilt them too much. I liked mine on my countertop and covered with a cover when not in use to keep it from getting dusty and greasy. It is your choice if you have the room on your countertops then go for it!

• They're very pretty, I would give it a place of prominence and use it as decor. Of course, if space is an issue and you need it out of the way, a corner works well for that.

• Em
    Em

I put mine in the corner and turn it to see the full color. It is out of the way of counter space. I never put it away since it is pretty heavy to keep moving. Other than a coffee pot that most people use daily, put other light appliances away and proudly display your Kitchenaide.

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Peggy...can you send a picture of your counter area? Thanks

• A photo of your counter area would be helpful :)

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

I keep mine in the corner covered so it’s on top and out of the way try that like under a cabinet