Farmhouse Planters DIY

$5

This project that I have chosen to show you today is something that is not only simple to make, but it is also a good way to show the planet you care. By reusing a couple of old big cans, in my case tomato puree ones I have made these beautiful Farmhouse planters that are perfect for holding potted plants, mini trees or anything you like. So let’s go to work and make our budget friendly farmhouse DIY so that means we are going to use some rope to make our planters
The first step is to remove the labels, wash and dry your cans before painting. I chose to spray paint my cans because I like them to have some sheen but you can use chalk paint too. To cover aluminum properly 2 coats of paint are necessary.
So now they are dry an it is time to decorate tour planters …my favorite portion on this project. Possibilities are endless .. I decided to decorate them with twine and some ribbon
I like to run my twine for this project in the rim that is already part of a can. Small amount of hot glue will beautifully hold a twine in its place. There is no need to add glue all along the rim. I used only a bit at the beginning and at the end.
Repeat that process twice and decided to break it up with some ribbon that I had laying around. Love how it ads a bit of interest. Don’t you?
Repeated twine application on the rest of the can to mirror completed side
and here they are …My Farmhouse planters are done. Love budget friendly farmhouse projects.
There are so many ways you can decorate those planters cans. Here I used some industrial jute and created some loops of course with a help of hot glue.
If you love Rustic Farmhouse Home Decor please visit my blog for more ideas.

Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Agnes Chrzanowska

Betsy

Did you poke holes in the bottom of the cans for drainage?

• Ann
      Ann

You have to if not it will have to much water and your plants will rot

• Patt
    Patt

I tried this with large coffee cans. The bottom rusted and made a mess. Any ideas of how to remedy this?