How to Hang a Terra Cotta Potted Plant Wall

$100

This project seemed a little kooky but hang in there with me! This was inspired by a display at the Arhaus store at the mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Have you been there? Their displays are STUNNING! Anyways, I was really inspired by a potted plant wall and decided to add one to my kitchen! Click here to read the full blog post on my site.
We designed our layout with pieces of tape and then screwed each pot in. You need to put an anchor in the wall and then screw the pot into that.
I wanted a loose, natural feeling diagonal shape. Almost like a swarm of butterflies flying away.
Each pot is screwed into the wall with a screw and a washer. Note: these pots are heavy and will need anchors in the wall.
If there are pots you don't want plants in, just fill them with moss. Let it hang out all artistically.
I added soil and succulents to each pot. I bought a big pot with lots of succulents at the Home Depot and separated them - which is much cheaper than buying lots of plants. This wall gets a TON of sun. If your space does not, consider air plants instead. You can order them on Amazon and they are very easy to keep alive without even soil.
I added two types of moss to each pot to cover up the soil. If you visit my blog post on this project, you can get links to buy the exact moss. It's preserved so it won't turn brown ever.
Here's how it looks!
I love it!!

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Morgan McBride

• Cher

I would love to do this with herbs to keep them fresh and convenient...is this possible?

• Rachel

Can’t imagine how you water them without making a mess of your wall?

• Manya Ameri
      Just now

Air plants would be a perfect solution and no soil needed since they only need spritzing. I don’t have direct sunlight which is perfect so air plants are what I will be using. Love this!

• Annie M Bennett

how do you water them without making a mess on the wall?

• Manya Ameri
      Just now

Use air plants (no soil) and spritz with water. You can hold a towel underneath if you think a little water will drip onto your floor. It should work great.