How to Hang a Terra Cotta Potted Plant Wall

$100

This project seemed a little kooky but hang in there with me! This was inspired by a display at the Arhaus store at the mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Have you been there? Their displays are STUNNING! Anyways, I was really inspired by a potted plant wall and decided to add one to my kitchen! Click here to read the full blog post on my site.
We designed our layout with pieces of tape and then screwed each pot in. You need to put an anchor in the wall and then screw the pot into that.
I wanted a loose, natural feeling diagonal shape. Almost like a swarm of butterflies flying away.
Each pot is screwed into the wall with a screw and a washer. Note: these pots are heavy and will need anchors in the wall.
If there are pots you don't want plants in, just fill them with moss. Let it hang out all artistically.
I added soil and succulents to each pot. I bought a big pot with lots of succulents at the Home Depot and separated them - which is much cheaper than buying lots of plants. This wall gets a TON of sun. If your space does not, consider air plants instead. You can order them on Amazon and they are very easy to keep alive without even soil.
I added two types of moss to each pot to cover up the soil. If you visit my blog post on this project, you can get links to buy the exact moss. It's preserved so it won't turn brown ever.
Here's how it looks!
I love it!!

Morgan McBride

• Betty Sutton Smith
    5 minutes ago

I really appreciate this information !!! L0L now I know why all my succulants DIED!!! I watered them . Oh my I didnt look them up as I usally do everything.. my friend gave me several and for the first time i killed plants

. I have a green thumb and was heart broken when they died 1 by 1.. Now I know and will get me some more . Again thank you B.L.S

• Betty Sutton Smith
    6 minutes ago

This is a terrific idea to put on a board againt my outside wall!!!