Easy Faux Leather Wall Art

$5

I'm really excited to show you guys my latest project! I found some vinyl at Hobby Lobby last year in the clearance isle and I'm so glad I grabbed it. I got a yard for less than $3 and have used pieces of it for lots of projects already. I decided to use some of this vinyl for some wall art and I love how it turned out. It was easy to make and looks great in my kitchen.
I used black vinyl, but this project would also look great using a few different colors.
Use a ruler to draw lines on the back of your vinyl and cut into strips.
I used a few different sizes of vinyl strips for the project, but you can make them as skinny or wide as you wish. I also used plain, white wood frames for this project.
Using your hot glue gun, Add a piece of vinyl to one side of a picture frame. Pull it across the frame, glue to the other side and trim any extra. Also, I think it would be cool to use decorative nails instead of the hot glue.
Continue adding strips in one direction until you are happy with the amount.
Now it's time to add the vinyl strips going in the other direction. Glue the strip to the frame and then weave through and glue to the other side.
You can weave your strips closer together if you prefer. I wanted mine with all the extra space in it, but the weaving is completely up to you and your personal style.
The frames I used were extras I had lying around, so I used two different sizes.
Hang on the wall with Command hooks and you have some custom art for your home!
I love how these turned out. This is a great way to repurpose old frames and you could always use real leather if you prefer.
If you like this, be sure to check out my blog for more home décor ideas and I would love for you to follow me on Instagram.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom