Packing Tape Transfer Winter Scene

$10

Winter themed crafts are always popular just after Christmas and I've always wanted to try a packing tape transfer, so I combined the two, plus I used hot glue in silicone molds to create a 3D effect for the scene. And the best part, you can probably find most of the items needed in your household!
Let's start by finding an image you like and size it to the width of the packing tape to print out using a laser printer. Using an inkjet will not work. The ink will run.
Next, cut a piece of packing tape to the desired length and place sticky side up on work surface. Then lay the image face down on top of the tape, smoothing it out.  I know this sounds backwards, but I tried several times to roll the tape out on the image but I could not do it without getting a wrinkle in the tape. And once you get a wrinkle there is no way to get it out. So I came up with placing the image on top of the tape and it worked without getting any wrinkles! Then, I cut the image out.
Next, burnish the tape over the image with the back of a spoon. Rubbing the image and edges over and over to make sure the tape and paper are stuck together with no gaps.
Then, soak the taped image in a bowl of warm water for at least five minutes or longer to soften the paper.
Once the paper is soft, begin rubbing it off with the tips of your fingers (do not use your fingernails to scrap the paper off - you will see the scratches) I like to keep the paper in the water to rub the paper off. It seems much easier to remove the backing that way.
Once the paper is completely removed, pour the water out using a strainer to catch the paper bits and pieces. You don't want that going down your drain.Lay the image sticky side up on a paper towel to dry. You might see some paper residue remaining that you will need to remove by wetting and rubbing the image again.
While the image is drying, fill the deer and tree molds with hot glue.
Once the taped scene is dry, it becomes sticky again and can now be placed on the glass container just like a sticker.
Then, remove the deer and tree from the molds and glue on top of the tape image for a 3D effect.
And finally, rub a bit of paint stain to the deer and tree for the perfect 3D look!
And adding battery twinkle lights will certainly enhance the scene and atmosphere, too!

Gail@Purple Hues and Me