Bathroom Board and Batten

$60

We decided to add board and batten in our kids bathroom so we can put hooks on it for the kids towels. Plus they yanked off towel bar. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to paint it white or navy, but I decided to do it navy to match the vanity. We used 1x4’s for the top two pieces and a 1x6 for the baseboard and 1x3’s for the vertical pieces! We used a nail gun to attach the wood pieces to the wall and a miter saw to cut the pieces to the correct length! Then we caulked around the wood and filled in the nail holes with putty. Next I sanded it down and then painted it Benjamin Moore Hale Navy!
This is a photo of the space before we got started.
The first thing we did was tear down the towel bar.
We then checked to see how high our kids can reach. This way, they won't yank off the hooks.
We started putting the pieces up in place.
Here's a shot with all of the pieces put up.
We then gave it a nice coat of fresh paint.
And here is the finished wall! Doesn't it look fantastic?

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas

• R
    R

I thought you were going to hang towel hooks? Maybe dress it up a bit more. Some boat decals or something the kids like. And whose bathroom is in the first picture? 🐳 🐙 🐠 🌊 ⛵ You did a good job though.

• Steffi Wood
      Steffi Wood

Thank you! We added the hooks. I actually repainted the board and batten gray too!

• Diane
    Diane

But where do you hang your towels now?

• Adena
    Adena

Just curious, why did you have your child reach up and where are the wet towel going to hang.