Wool Carrots!

$6

Spring and Easter are right around the corner, and crafting for them is what’s getting us through this long winter. These fun wool carrots are just the thing for a rainy afternoon!

You’ll need some orange wool, green wool, school glue, cardstock, tape, an old paint brush, a magazine or newspaper, and scissors. I chose this multi-orange wool so that my carrots would vary in colors.
First, roll your card from the end into a cone for your carrot base, this can be any size you want. Tape the edge down the whole way so your cone is smooth and secure.
Trim the top edge of the cone so that you get a nice, even all round top.
Starting at the bottom, work in sections and glue your cone using a brush to ensure full coverage, and wrap your cone round and round with your orange wool all the way up to the top.
Once you get to the top you’ll find the glue can make the card stock a little ‘soggy’, so I stuffed some paper inside to strengthen it and to ensure the carrots hold their shape. Be sure to leave room for your carrot top.
For the top, use your green wool to make a tassel. I did 3 fingers for size and wrapped around 20 times. Tie off at your first finger and then cut through the long side loops

add a dollop of glue inside and then stuff your tassel in the top of the cone, it should be a snug fit and I did find it helpful to use the point end of the paint brush to help stuff it all in there.

That’s it! it took me about 45 minutes to make 6 of these whilst I was slightly distracted watching TV. You could hang them from a garland, display in a clear vase, use as dining table decor or even add on to a wreath. You could also make these with rope then paint for a thicker, more rustic look.

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Memorial Day Crafts
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try

• Becky

Can anyone tell me how to save this for my future use? I'm not real tech friendly so I don't know how to save Pinterest projects. Thanks. By the way, these carrots are adorable.

• P Honaker

I also send it to myself in Messenger. Helps to remind me about the projects I love and want to make. :)

Love these carrots! Thank you

• Cathie

Yes I think I will give this a try thank you for sharing.

• Nancy

Perfect timing for Easter and Mr. Bunny. VERY cute!