Wool Carrots!

$6

Spring and Easter are right around the corner, and crafting for them is what’s getting us through this long winter. These fun wool carrots are just the thing for a rainy afternoon!

You’ll need some orange wool, green wool, school glue, cardstock, tape, an old paint brush, a magazine or newspaper, and scissors. I chose this multi-orange wool so that my carrots would vary in colors.
First, roll your card from the end into a cone for your carrot base, this can be any size you want. Tape the edge down the whole way so your cone is smooth and secure.
Trim the top edge of the cone so that you get a nice, even all round top.
Starting at the bottom, work in sections and glue your cone using a brush to ensure full coverage, and wrap your cone round and round with your orange wool all the way up to the top.
Once you get to the top you’ll find the glue can make the card stock a little ‘soggy’, so I stuffed some paper inside to strengthen it and to ensure the carrots hold their shape. Be sure to leave room for your carrot top.
For the top, use your green wool to make a tassel. I did 3 fingers for size and wrapped around 20 times. Tie off at your first finger and then cut through the long side loops

add a dollop of glue inside and then stuff your tassel in the top of the cone, it should be a snug fit and I did find it helpful to use the point end of the paint brush to help stuff it all in there.

That’s it! it took me about 45 minutes to make 6 of these whilst I was slightly distracted watching TV. You could hang them from a garland, display in a clear vase, use as dining table decor or even add on to a wreath. You could also make these with rope then paint for a thicker, more rustic look.

• Becky

Can anyone tell me how to save this for my future use? I'm not real tech friendly so I don't know how to save Pinterest projects. Thanks. By the way, these carrots are adorable.

• ShelbyNeen

The Heart  is at the bottom of your screen next to the words "I want to do this" it will save it so you can find it on your home page; which you can reach by clicking your logo at the top far right of any project you are viewing. Hope that clears it up for you.

• Cristi Roe

Oh my God, you crazy genius, these are absolutely adorable!! You are so talented I love these! Great Mother's Day gift or Grandma's gift for the kids to make

• Shannon Pace
    27 minutes ago

So cute..gonna give this little project a try.