Asked on Jan 26, 2020

How do I remove this sticker from my refrigerator?

ShirleyLoriJeremy Hoffpauir
+12

This a plastic coated sticker and I want to remove this can someone suggest me home techniques ?

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Divyata. WD 40 helps to remove most adhesives. That's what car dealers use to remove adhesive from glass windows on cars.

• Sandyo
    Sandyo

Sometimes a trial run briefly thru microwave loosens the glue completely. To speed the process, run the item under a splash of water. Just got to be sure not to leave under the heat too long. I discovered this as I was selling ERA lapel stickers to Equal Rights Amendment advocates and the day was steamy hot--> no one's lapel stickers stayed ON! Most, not all, glues respond to microwave heat though.

• Sandyo
    Sandyo

are you saying it is not a typical sticker, it's a magnet? If it's a typical paper-based=like "sticker", my method oft en does work. Good Luck

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom
    Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

You can try soaking with warm water see if it could be peeled off or try Goo Gone. Good Luck. It's a bummer they put stuff on appliances like this that are so hard to remove!

• Sandyo
    Sandyo

So sorry, I've run out of ideas.

• Sharon
    Sharon

I usually use a fresh single edge razor blade to lift the edge and rip it off.

William

Use a razor blade on a corner and lift it up. Then just pull the plastic off. Some of the paper sticker may come off with the plastic. Then use WD40, Goo Gone, or nail polish remover to soften the adhesive. Here use a credit card or something plastic to scrape the rest off so not to scratch fridge.

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

w40 is really helpful with sticker removal

• TheHoneycombHome
    TheHoneycombHome

Try steaming it off with a steamer!

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

You should be able to get your nail under it and pull

• Jeremy Hoffpauir
    Jeremy Hoffpauir

Goo Gone works, here is a link: https://amzn.to/2RIqUyz

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://pahjodesigns.com

• Lori
    Lori

18 yrs in the appliance industry and I get this question at least twice a week. Our delivery team normally will remove these but sometimes forget.

Our recommendation is as follows: Start with WD-40 on a clean soft cloth, NOT a paper towel as it can scratch especially stainless steels, rub the entire labels and surrounding areas. Let sit for a few minutes. Then take a silicone scraper like you would use on a glass cooktop, and start lifting the corner of the sticker, using the WD-40 cloth as you go too. If you don't have a silicone scraper, you can use a credit card but be extra careful with this as they are hard and can scratch(these CAN be used on glass cooktops). The "junk" credit cards that come in the mail work well since they are only cardboard coated in laminate. You can also try a spatula...Baby Oil or Cooking Spray works if you don't have WD-40.

One of these will will definitely work and NOT damage your new refrigerator.

IMHO-buy an extended warranty, it WILL pay for itself even if you have a Home Warranty. Your appliance store sells them for 5 yrs and they cover EVERYTHing and have NO deductible...

Hope you enjoy your new refrigerator!!! Always exciting getting a new appliance :)

Blessings Abound

• Shirley
    Shirley

Hello Divyata,

WD-40 or Goo Gone or Cooking oil............