Pressed Flowers in Resin

$20
1 Day

Hey Hometalkers! Amber Oliver here with another great craft for your home! If you like this project, I hope you'll stop by my blog!Make your gorgeous blooms last forever - preserve them in resin! These make beautiful decorations for your home and brightens even the darkest winter days!
Firsts is to prepare you pressed flowers! This takes several weeks so you'll want to plan for it! Put your blooms between wax paper, put in a book, and press closed. Leave them for a few weeks then pull them out and get them ready for resin!
Start by mixing EQUAL parts of the Hardener and the Resin. Stir for two minutes (be sure to scrape the bottoms and sides) then pour from the first cup into a second and mix with a new stir stick for another minute. Once your resin in ready, pour a small amount into your mold. You can use any shape you want, but rectangle molds worked perfectly for me!
Pick up your pressed flowers and place them gently onto the resin. Once the flowers are set, pour a bit more resin over them and make sure they are completely covered. After about 20 minutes, you’ll want to pop any bubbles you see on the surface by simply blowing on them with a straw!
After you’ve allowed enough time for the resin to cure, you can remove from the molds! You can display these in your home with picture stands like I did, or drill a hole and hang them up! What a pretty way to keep those spring blooms all season long!

If you loved this project, please visit my RESIN ARCHIVES for more awesome resin projects!

Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Amber Oliver

• Mari

Love this project! How do you make the mold shapes? Also does the resin ever change colors of flowers or is there a way to preserve them?

• Megan Collins

I’d like to know too! & you mentioned “hardener” but what is that exactly?