Five Minute Wine Glass Charms for Valentine’s Day

$5

Wine glass charms are always a fun way to personalize or add a little flair to the glass stem. These take only about 5 minutes to make!
I wanted to give the wine charms a look of pink and gold. I spent way too much time in Michael’s looking for what I thought would be just the right pieces. I loved the heart charms I found and I thought I would love how the pink tassels would look. See the big black X on them? That’s because once I added the tassel, I didn’t like the look at all. 
Since I didn't like the look of the tassels, I removed everything and started over. Sometimes a craft doesn't turn out just the way we hoped it would. But, it's always good to give it a second try!I used earring hoops that I found in the jewelry section of Michaels. I wanted gold ones, but they only had silver ones. So, mixed metals it is!
I already had beads in my craft stash, so I didn’t think I would need more. But, when I tried to add them to the hoops, I found that the holes in them weren’t large enough. To solve that, I used the point of some jewelry pliers by inserting it into the hole and rotating it. It only took a few rotations to enlarge the hole. 
I added a bead, the heart charm, and another bead to the hoop. If I had purchased the right size beads, this would have been a three minute craft! The hoops open and close easily to slip the charms onto the stems of the glasses. They look much better without the tassel. 
While browsing around Michael’s looking for charm supplies, I spotted these wooden heart “love” hanging signs. I'd thought they would make great coasters for Valentine's Day. They had a piece of twine in a hole near the top. I removed the twine and to cover the hole, I added a pink foam heart sticker. To protect the wood from moisture, I gave both of them a quick coat of matte polycrylic. 
This was definitely one of the easiest items I’ve made! Even with taking the time to widen the holes in the beads, it only took about five minutes to make these.Using the earring hoops is such an easy way to make wine glass charms. I used heart charms for Valentine's Day, but these could easily made for any holiday.
To see more easy Valentine's Day Craft ideas, I'd love to have you visit Across the Blvd.

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Donna

wouldn't you use different colored beads and different styles of charms so people could remember which is their glass?

• Donna

Beverly, makes perfect sense they are adorable! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your husband.