Make Your Own Dream Catcher

$5

My daughter asked for a wall of dream catchers in her room after seeing something of Pinterest.
I agreed not realising they can be rather expensive. So I did what I always do. I decided to have a go myself.
I had some beautiful wool left over from a knitting project and thought it would make it look a little different to use that. wool obviously stretches so it’s not the most ideal material to use but I’m pretty happy with the outcome of this considering
I purchased a dream catcher ring off of amazing for about £2.
firstly I tied a knot to one end and started to tightly wrap the wool around the metal hoop.
Once the hoop is covered mark out even spaces along the ring.this is where you will start the design. The more loops the more detailed it will be.
start creating little half loops, making a knot at each point marked out.as shown above.
A top tip would to make sure the loops are of equal length to make sure the pattern is even.
keep going till you reach the beginning again
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Knot off the end and start to feed the end through the first loop. Then pull thought the next one and so forth.
once you are back at the beginning you will want to feed the wool though the new set of loops you created. Keep repeating until you end up in the middle with no more loops to feed though.
You should have d up with something similar to this.
tie of the end.
Cut off some more wool and tie it to some of the lower points. As shown above. I have done it so there are 2 lengths at each point.
I then tied feathers I also bought on amazon to the ends.
you could also add beads or other decorations you wish to add. as this was my first one I wanted to keep it simple.
The trick is to tie the feathers on so they hang down. You will want your knot to be more like the one on the right.
the one on the left will hang the feather on a slant.
trim the excess wool from the knots by the feathers and create a loop at the top for hanging.
Ta da

To see more: //www.instagram.com/revamp_interior

• Deandra

Yes I'm going to see if I can make one for my self looking at this it looks like I can make it. But I'm going to do it a different way because I don't have the right thing to make the circle I think I am going to use a wire hanger

• Deandra

I like the way that that came out I'm going to try to do that but I don't have the supplies that you showed on here so I think I'm going to use a wire hanger to make my circle