Table Top Fire Pit

$100

I've seen these cool fire pits in people's back yards lately but they are pricey so I wanted to try my hand at making one.

Things you will need:

Wood - 2 at 5.5" X 17.5" and 2 at 5.5" X 4” and 2 at 17.5" X 3”

4 Sterno‘s

Nails

Paint

Fire glass

Cut the fence board that’s 5.5” X 17.5”. You will also use this for the ends so you’ll need two 4” pieces.

Cut the 1x3 17.5" and set on top of the fence board and add the 2 ends. This will be our box.

Nail it all together to secure it.

Spray the whole thing black.

Let it dry.

Once it's dry, use a dry brush to paint white over.

Sand it a little for a distressing look.

Now it’s ready for our sterno’s.

Add the sterno’s to the box.

Fill the whole box with fire glass.

Light it up and you will have this amazing table top fire pit!

• Ester nelson

why don't you tell how much of the stone to buy for this? I checked on it and it's expensive if you need a lot of it for this project. I would also like to know (if you can tell me) how much heat this gives off? Which glass do you recommend as there are many different ones that do different things. Is this safe to roast marshmallows , and can you use this every day without causing harm to yourself? Could a person use this to help cut down on their electric bill and how big of an area (per room) do you need to be safe? I am use to this site giving Full info about the items to make and I was disappointed that you left everything out. thanks for your answer... ester

• Leanne

I believe this is more of an outdoor decorative element. Not to be used as a source of heat.

• Cat6076111

Would small rock's kinda pebbles work. Instead of the glass? Or maybe sand? I think it would be heavier ,but wouldn't be moving it around.

• Donna
    4 hours ago

When you have to replace the sterno doesn't all the glass fill the hole when you take the can out? Couldn't you use some sort of a can to fit around the sterno can the would hold the form when replacing the sterno? Just a thought.

• Shelly L Nemeth
      3 minutes ago

Yep like a tuna can! But really you don’t change often dump on a paper bag then flip them in not real a big job 😉