Asked on Jan 29, 2020

How can I clean my carpets if steam cleaning didnt do the job?

Lauren of Mom Home GuideJeremy HoffpauirTheHoneycombHome
+7

• Maybe try getting it professionally cleaned (I'm assuming you did it yourself?) If that doesn't work you might need to replace it.

• Nan W.

Deanna: If you had it professionally steam-cleaned by a reputable company, you may have to resort to putting an area rug over the offensive area... and it can look great!!

https://www.thespruce.com/using-area-rugs-over-carpet-2908732

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would say use a professionals to clean you carpet and maintain with the steam cleaning

• Did you do it yourself? Have professionally cleaned? What exactly is the issue?

• Christina Faye Repurposed

Maybe call in a professional? If you rented the cleaner, sometimes those things are not cleaned like they should be and can make things worse!

• Pamela

Get a spray carpet cleaner ( it can be used in a carpet cleaning machine ) called

Folex , this is the best !!!!! It was around $6 for a large bottle at home depot .

it gets out all stains and makes the carpet look great . When we were moving into our new home , I paid a service to clean the beige carpet that was throughout the home . Afterwards it looked ok...after living here a year , they needed cleaning even more so , so this time I borrowed my sister's carpet cleaner and used Folex , it came out much better than when the professional cleaning company did it !!!

Good luck !!

• Beth

Here's an idea for painting your carpet to make it look better: https://www.hunker.com/13411719/how-to-paint-carpet

• TheHoneycombHome

If home steaming didn't work, I would hire a professional.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

Maybe hire a professional steam cleaning company.

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

If you steam cleaned it yourself, I would try getting it professionally cleaned. But sometimes the stains don’t come out. My home has carpeting by the front door. I had it professionally cleaned and was told they can’t get the stains out. I hope to replace the carpeting this year.