How to Make a GINORMOUS Charcuterie Board!

$100

I had a client that asked for a 6’ 5” charcuterie board. I had never made one that long but ok...easy enough 😜⚒
I found a long piece of walnut in the shop. I wanted to include the beautiful curl on this end in the handle. I drew a few handle ideas before deciding and cutting it out with a jig saw.
So far, so good.
I also wanted to drill the hole in the center of this knot. One, it already had a little hole in it and two, I thought it would look nice and centered.
Just like an eyeball...or planet. Perfect.
I rolled some 120 grit sand paper to sand the hole out.
Then, I mixed up some 2 part epoxy and tinted it black for the big knot.
Once the epoxy set up, I finished the bottom and sides with poly.
Now to finish the top. I start by scraping the epoxy off so I don’t waste so much time sanding.
Then I sanded the top with 60, 80 and 120.
I love this wipe on/wipe off finish for cutting boards and tables, ESPECIALLY working in a dusty shop and/or garage!!
The walnut looks awesome as per usual. One of my favorites!
In all it’s 6’ glory😍😜 Easy project to do with minimal tools!!

15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY

To see more: //www.sawdustandwhiskey.com

• Gretchen

Is it safe to eat from? Is the sealant you use free from chemicals?

• LindaH

Randall, I looked it up (didn’t know either). Here’s what I found: Charcuterie (pronounced "shahr-ku-tuh-ree") is the art of preparing and assembling cured meats and other meat products. But, many people use the term charcuterie to refer to an assortment of meats that are paired with different accompaniments, such as toast, fruit, cheese, and sauces. If you want to offer charcuterie on your menu, there are a handful of basics to understand first, from identifying some of the most popular types of charcuterie, to what makes a really impressive completed board.

• Randal

ok I must be pretty dumb or at least not very up to date, but what precisely is a charcuterie board, and what purpose does it have?

• Thatsagoodidea

It’s assorted cheeses,meats, etc. put on a board (at least that’s what I’ve seen)

• Lauraleedaydreams

Beeeutiful! I was wondering (since I don’t have a wood shop myself) where can I find a piece of wood like this to make my own charcuterie board? Thanks LL