Dollar Store Bathroom Organization

$5

Sometimes you need an inexpensive storage or organization option, but you don’t want it to LOOK super cheap. Here are some simple, yet elegant options using supplies from the dollar store.
To make a tiered tray, you will need two small platters or plates, a candlestick holder and epoxy or hot glue. I also had these 1/2” wooden buttons I decided to use as little feet, but they are completely optional.
The first step is to clean everything really well. The barcode stickers on my silver platters did NOT want to come off and left a sticky residue, so that was not fun to clean. Hopefully you won’t have the same problem. Next, you simply line up and glue the candlestick in the center of the bottom platter. To get the top platter centered, I placed a box and some books upright along the edge of the bottom platter to use as a backstop for the top.I then glued four wooden buttons to the bottom tray. I left them as-is, but they could easily be painted.

For a make-up brush holder, grab a large candle votive and a couple bags of glass gems. The size of your votive will affect how many gems you need.
Pour the gems in the votive and stick your brushes in!
If you have to have things on the counter, you may as well have them elegantly organized!

• Gwen Bates

What kind of glue did you use between glass and metal?

• Amanda

You can use E6000 (epoxy glue) or hot glue should also work.