DIY Leafy Chargers/Placemats

$10

If you have leftover faux foliage, this easy DIY is a great way to turn them into beautiful chargers or placemats for your spring table. No special skills involved; just a little time and some glue! For more junk repurposed ideas, check out the "projects" section of my blog, HERE.
Grab a bunch of extra faux foliage leaves or petals. You'll need 28 larger leaves to make 1 placemat/charger. Hydrangea leaves work well-that's what I used here.
With your fingers or a pliers, pull off plastic veining from the back of the leaves.
To create a base for the charger/placemat, cut an 11" circle from thicker felt. Drawing around a dinner plate makes it easy.
Using fabric glue or hot glue, begin by adhering leaves around the perimeter of the felt circle, overlapping each other slightly. On the back the leaves should go beyond the felt circle edge 1-2".
Continue with 2nd layer of leaves and 3rd layer. Finish with a final leaf in the middle. Allow to dry.
You can make a whole table setting full of these easy placemats/chargers. You could use different types of leaves for each one or even make them with large-flowered petals. Beautiful for a spring table setting or in your home decor underneath accessories. If you'd like to see the pretty spring table I set with these, click HERE!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Lora Bloomquist

• Lynne Mellace

How do you keep these placemats clean? Could you spray them with something? Lynne

• Lora Bloomquist

You can just wipe them with a damp-wet washcloth if there are spills. And yes, if you got a bad stain, just replace a leaf.

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

Love this idea! Question. You referred to faux "hydrangea leaves", but your link goes to "eucalyptus leaves". Did you use a combination? Do you have a link to "hydrangea" leaves too?

• Toni Tuyt Carroll

Thanks Lora. I'll research it more. I've seen similar ones in Pier One and they are rediculously expensive, especially since i would need 8

This could be the answer if i can find leaves big enough.

• Jessica

Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing.

• Rhonda

Thank you for sharing this. I live it. I already have a ‘cabbage’ placemat but it’s really thin. I will be adding some leaves to it. Thanks again.