Creating a Basket Wall for a Cozy Cottage Style

$10

I love the look of a basket wall! You can find these baskets at most thrift stores. They are so inexpensive and yet create a look of warmth and texture. You can even paint them! Decorating a wall, for me at least, used to consist of art and pictures. Now anything goes! You can hang rugs, signs and even plants! I love it! Gallery walls of random items are very popular today too.
Basket walls can be as creative as you want them to be. I'm going to show you a few tricks on how to arrange them!
How to create a Basket Wall:
  • Gather materials; baskets, paper, pencil, scissors, 3M command strips, painters tape.

• Lay baskets on top of white paper. Note; tape paper together to make a bigger paper if the basket exceeds the size.
  • Lay the baskets flat on the paper and trace them.

• Cut out the paper on the lines you traced.

• Start creating arrangements with the paper cut outs.

• Use the painters tape to tape the cut outs on the wall in the arrangement you want to hang your baskets in.

• Once you’re happy with the arrangement (this might take a little shifting), replace the paper cut outs with the baskets. Use the 3M command strips to attach the baskets to the wall.

Enjoy your new basket wall!
I love how it instantly adds texture and warmth to a space, even around a TV! I've shared another project where I decorated around a TV with wooden crates HERE!
Do you have any similar baskets lying around your home? Let's decorate with them!

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Lindsey

• Debbie

Are you saying just to apply the command strip, sans hook onto the basket back and onto the wall? Not clear.

Also these baskets look very lightweight, more like bowls than baskets. They don’t appear to have a “bottom” but seem to be more flush than baskets I have.

I have many heavier baskets made from twigs, erc. Have you tried the command strips on heavier baskets?

Would appreciate clarification. Thanks!

• DebbB

Spanky it's clear to me cause I've done before only in the kitchen. The basket are light weight, not every basket are heavy, some are just curved, I've used a big basket at christmas time filled it with candy canes and put on my coffee table. It maybe be light weight but it held up to sweet tooth little nieces and nephews being first one for candy.

• Katherine L Carlton

My cats destroy all my plants if they are within reach. They chew the leaves and thereby kill the plants. My cats are my children, but I also enjoy plants. Moving soon, and I intend to take your idea a step further and try to put small plants inside the hanging baskets where the cats will probably leave them alone.

• Margie Hood

My mom always had baskets on the walls when I was growing up..from really big to little...thank you for reminding me of that memory :)