Creating a Basket Wall for a Cozy Cottage Style
I love the look of a basket wall! You can find these baskets at most thrift stores. They are so inexpensive and yet create a look of warmth and texture. You can even paint them! Decorating a wall, for me at least, used to consist of art and pictures. Now anything goes! You can hang rugs, signs and even plants! I love it! Gallery walls of random items are very popular today too.
Basket walls can be as creative as you want them to be. I'm going to show you a few tricks on how to arrange them!
How to create a Basket Wall:
- Gather materials; baskets, paper, pencil, scissors, 3M command strips, painters tape.
- Lay baskets on top of white paper. Note; tape paper together to make a bigger paper if the basket exceeds the size.
- Lay the baskets flat on the paper and trace them.
- Cut out the paper on the lines you traced.
- Start creating arrangements with the paper cut outs.
- Use the painters tape to tape the cut outs on the wall in the arrangement you want to hang your baskets in.
- Once you’re happy with the arrangement (this might take a little shifting), replace the paper cut outs with the baskets. Use the 3M command strips to attach the baskets to the wall.
Enjoy your new basket wall!
I love how it instantly adds texture and warmth to a space, even around a TV! I've shared another project where I decorated around a TV with wooden crates HERE!
Do you have any similar baskets lying around your home? Let's decorate with them!
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go