Two Fillable Lamp Projects for Spring

$65

Have you ever thought about introducing a fillable lamp into your decor?It's such an easy way to personalize the design in your space. Today I'm partnering with Lamps plus to showcase two simple, fillable lamp projects you can finish in an afternoon.One project is a bright and colorful Conversation Heart Lamp.The other is a Farmhouse Bingo Lamp.Here are the step-by-step instructions.
CONVERSATION HEART LAMP PROJECT
Step 1: Start with a fillable lamp base
Here's the lamp base I used.It came in a set from Lamps Plus. They have several really pretty fillable lamp projects over on their website.You can see them here.
The lamp came with shells to fill it up, but it's fun to create other options, too. To begin the project simply unscrew the lamp from the bottom and it's ready to fill.Next, we are going to create what we're putting inside.
Step 2: Paint the hearts
You can find wood hearts like these at the craft store in the unpainted wood aisle.Start by painting the hearts in different colors with a foam brush.
Here are the colors I used.These are acrylic paints from the craft store.Inspired by the color of the conversation hearts, I chose:
  1. Mermaid Blue
  2. Coral
  3. Pale Yellow
  4. Pink
  5. Lime Sorbet
I used approximately 60 hearts for this project. Divide up the hearts into equal sections. Next, paint the hearts in these (or similar colors) and let them dry.
Step 3: Stamp the hearts
Using a basic stamp pad, stamp the hearts with conversation hearts saying.Here are some basic sayings:love uxxoou r the bestgo girlHave fun and choose your own or use variations of these.
Here is a close-up of the stamps I used.I chose to stamp this heart with "love u."It doesn't matter if the letters aren't exactly perfect. If you notice, real conversation hearts aren't perfect either.
Step 4: Continue stamping until all the hearts are stamped
You want to continue stamping the hearts until all the hearts are stamped with sayings.Let the ink dry thoroughly so it doesn't smear.
Here's the finished lamp filled with the conversation hearts.It makes such a fun project for Valentine's Day.Pair it with fun Valentine's accessories and add your "conversation starter" to a side table or hutch in your room.
FARMHOUSE BINGO LAMP PROJECT
To make this project, start with the same fillable lamp here.The lamp came with shells to fill it up, but it's fun to create other options, too. To begin the project simply unscrew the lamp from the bottom and it's ready to fill.Next, we are going to create what we're putting inside.
Step 1: Get your stamps ready
For this project all you'll need is wood balls and a set of alphabet and number stamps.Find the BINGO stamps in your set and pull them apart.Next, separate out your numbers and get them ready to stamp.
Step 2: Stamp your bingo balls
Place a letter at the top of the wood ball with a number below.It's important to note that the bingo numbers are divided as follows:B= 1-15I = 16-300= 31-45G=46-60O= 61-75Divide the wood balls evenly and stamp your letters and numbers until all the balls are stamped.
Here's the finished lamp filled with the bingo balls.It makes such a fun project for a den or game room.Pair it with fun farmhouse accessories and add it to a side table or hutch in your room.
These projects are just a few of the creative ways you can use these lamps. Have fun and make your design your own.

Thistlewood

• Jean Boice

I love these ideas. I will copy them for my house

• Angie

I like the idea of putting stuff inside. I would luv to use remote control fairy lights for ambiance wen u just need little lite.