Asked on Feb 1, 2020

How do I remove resin that was spilled on a wood floor?

KmdreamerCarrie @ Curly Crafty MomSharon
+7

I spilled resin on my wood floor, what can I do to remove it?

• Lifestyles Homes

As in 2-part Epoxy resin?

depending on the floor, I think you’re going to have to sand it down, to a reasonable amount. Maybe pry at it with a putty knife.

since you haven’t given us any pictures, let alone what the floor was before you spilled it, I can’t recommend anything more specific than that. Sorry.

please let us know more information and we can help you, more.

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Harthula, I found this video for you that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwzEBtwKSOA Best of luck

• Deb K

Hello Harthula, hope this helps you out,

Put on your gloves. Paint thinner and denatured alcohol will not hurt you, but they are not good for your skin. ...

Pry as much of the epoxy off the surface as you can. ...

Saturate the lint-free rag with the denatured alcohol. ...

use the lint-free rag to wipe away the epoxy. ...

Wipe down the entire are

• Megan

I was going to recommend prying it off with a putty knife. I have had luck with that before! But it was on tile not on wood.

• Cynthia H

Check the label for the solvent they recommend or go to the company website. With specific information, their customer service should be able to help. Good luck!

• Sharon

I would sand it off myself, then just get some wiping poly to touch-up the hardwood.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Once the resin has cured and dried, the only way to break it down is to let it soak in acetone or rubbing alcohol. 👉 TIP: You can also apply the rubbing alcohol using a spray bottle - easy! Now, with gloves on, wipe the mixing container clean. Spray again, as necessary, until you feel all the resin has been removed.

• Kmdreamer

Could you get a paint scraper under it and lift it you might need to sand it off and then just varnish the spot after your done