Asked on Feb 2, 2020

How can I upcycle two used toliet seats?

Carrie @ Curly Crafty MomMichelle LeslieGrandma Ali
+8

I just put new ones on my toilets they both are the same white wooden I think can I use them for anything or just throw them away?

• Zard Pocleeb

If you remove the top, solid part you can maybe use it as a whimsical picture frame.

• Janice

Hi Kim, this is a stretch....but you might be able to repurpose them by using the actual seat (separated from the lid, by hot gluing a mirror into the opening and using it in a bathroom. If you're artistic, you might be able to use the lids as a "canvas" to create a beautiful conversation piece or use it as a table top outside on a patio. Perhaps decoupage a design? Also the seat portion might be used as a base for a beautiful door wreath. Or, how about adding many, many small hooks to use as a jewelry holding? Does any of this inspire you? Just need to think outside of the box (seat). :)

• Redcatcec

A mirror can be placed in the bottom portion and hung on the wall.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Kim,

If you would like to use as they are , why not garden seat with storage under if attached to a strong box? What fun!!

Now, you could use for Mirror or Picture frame, either decorated in style for re-shaped for modern. Stain/Paint, Decoupage /embellish with flowers etc. or overlay

with other shapes to disguise original purpose. You could use as a window or suncatcher using coloured glass or glass paints or hang in the hall with a mirror on the back and hooks on the front.......................Have fun. You could also use it in the garden by adding a ledge from front to back with a bracket as support as a hanging plant display window.......................

• Tinyshoes

Kim....I would take to Goodwill or some type ministry as somebody can probably use.

Hi Kim: If they are in good condition, I'd donate them. Or, if you have an ex, or someone you don't really care for, you can use the seat as a picture frame and put their picture in it and hang it in the bathroom :) Good luck

• Morgan McBride

trash!

• Deb K

Hi Kim, honestly, you could use them for some kind of crafting, but you could pick up new one for that , so I would think just toss them, if anything, for sanitary reasons.

• Grandma Ali

In the garden, for a floral display?

• Michelle Leslie

Hi Kim, the seat portion would make an unusual frame and you can use the seat portion to paint on. If you like garden art, you can put the seat on an old chair, and cut a hole in the chair for a planter of some sort.