Asked on Feb 3, 2020

How can I make my homemade chandeliers sturdier?

KmdreamerJohnavallance82Dwp7470b
+8

What kind of glue should i use to make my crafts effective and lasting? I only use glue stick in bonding my crafts. And glue stick as far as any's concern it is brittle and won't last in heat.

Hi Marlyn: I'd tryGorilla Glue. It stands up to heat and is strong, as is Cyberbond glue. You can get it at most home improvement centres. Good luck and how cool to make your own chandeliers :)

• Chloe Crabtree

Gorilla glue has quite a number of different adhesives for different uses, research what you need for your particular craft.

I use E6000 glue for most crafts. Hot glue is basically for temporary glue ups and doesn't last so well.

• Cynthia H

A clear drying glue like E6000 would hold up well.

• Flipturn

What types of materials are to hoping to be able to glue together to make a chandelier?

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Gorilla Glue is great. It's strong and they have lots of different kinds now. You can get clear drying super glue and permanent hot glue sticks for a glue gun also.

• Deb K

Hi Marlyn, I also found this link, again, not sure if they will stick as fast as glue stick , but they will stay stuck.

https://kitkraft.com/learn/best-glue-for-plastic-guide

• Dwp7470b

I would not use Glue at all and I've been employed in Electrical Safety for Decades. Built Chandeliers for Clients. We never use glue. Why? Liability. Ever it falls you have a Huge Glass Mess to clean up and a Child Safety Hazard too. As you are using glass you need eyewear protection, a mask and gloves but you can use Glass Cutting Drill Bits. Drill slowly. Once you do you can fasten with Bolts and nuts.

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Rather depends on what you chandelier is going to be made from! Wire might be better idea. Happy crafting.....

• Kmdreamer

You could reinforce with wire or get a cement glue