Book Page Wreath

$2

Easy DIY rolled book page dahlia flower wreath. This wreath adds a beautiful and romantic feel to every room. Use an old book or vintage music sheets to create your very book page wreath!
For the full step by step tutorial visit HERE!
I love easy DIY projects that can be completed in a short amount of time, like my  coffee filter wreath or super popular  rag (scrap fabric) wreath! If I have to take a break to go pick up kids or run an errand, I have the hardest time getting back into the project and completing it! So this wreath was perfect for my distracted adult brain!
Start with an old book, I used a copy of The Notebook that I picked up from my local thrift store for $0.88. Carefully tear out the pages along the bind.
Start by rolling each book page on a diagonal and hot glue the bottom corner to the roll.
We had ordered pizza for dinner 🙂 so I used the lid of the box for a wreath form.Trace a circle and cut it out. You choose however big or small you'd like to make your wreath with this cardboard form. Mine is an 11" circle. Visit http://gatheredinthekitchen.com/book-page-wreath/ for more tutorial photos
Row 1:Place a dab of hot glue on the bottom of each roll and place about 1″ from the bottom of the roll on the cardboard.
Row 2: should be placed slightly below the 1st row Row 3: will require the rolls to be slightly bent up at the bottom of the roll
The very last roll is the center circle piece. I cut mine down on the tops just a bit to make it not so tall and “higher on one side”. I then placed hot glue around the entire roll and placed it in the middle.Twist a pipe cleaner into a circle with tails and hot glue it to the back and then hang the wreath up.
I'd love to know if you would make one of these book page wreaths and where you would put it!! Let me know over at Gathered In The Kitchen!

Gathered In The Kitchen

• Lisa Evans

Your pages looked aged on the pages are they or do they just appear to be ages from the shadow on the wreath. It is simply beautiful and very creative. I am trying to figure out if I need to look for a old aged book or if a newer one is ok.

• Gathered In The Kitchen

Hi Lisa, Yes, I wanted to use a vintage/aged book ... so that's what I did. I used a paperback copy of "The Notebook" that I bought at a thrift store that had aging to it.

• Belles Banterings

I also want to know if you should use clear or clear matte spray paint to preserve this beautiful work of art!! 

• Monica N. Simons
    15 minutes ago

Would an magazine work well with this project???