Cutting Board Keepsake

$5

I’ve wanted to tackle this for awhile. I wanted to transfer one of my husband’s grandma’s recipes (who has passed) onto a rummage sale cutting board. It was a recipe that Grandma had written out on the back of a thank you card that my husband wrote to her back in 1994😍. Well I tackled that today. I love how it turned out. It’s not perfect but it’s a timeless keepsake. ❤️ I painted black paint first on the edges, so they would show through when I distressed it. I then painted the whole board with a chalk paint. Next I distressed it and sanded the board smooth. I made a copy of the recipe to preserve the original. Then I used carbon paper to transfer the recipe. I used a paint pen to darken it. I think next time I would try just a regular sharpie. It would have a more matte finish which I prefer. What do you think??

Got this rummage sale cutting board years ago

Here’s what was on the back of the recipe. My husband wrote this many years ago. ❤️

I painted the edges black. And then painted the cutting board anti

Using carbon paper, I transferred the recipe onto the board

The finished product

20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration

• Joanne Greco

Love this idea will try it

• "D"

I really like this idea. I could get inspired to do this with a recipe of my mom's or MIL..thank you for sharing.