Jewelry Display From Old Windows

$15

A few months ago I told you the story of how I came to own these old windows and showed you what I did with one of them. Today I’ll show you how I used the other three windows in an upcycled jewelry display. One day a friend texted me a picture of these old windows while she and her husband were at the thrift store and says, “These reminded me of you.” Is that a compliment that my friends think of me while they’re at thrift stores? Anyway, my friend texted me a picture of these windows and told me they were $3.00 each. But they were at a shop across town that I don’t ever go to so I asked her to pick them up for me. Her hubby went to bat for me and got them ALL for $6.00!
I loved the long, narrow shape. And even though they look like glass… they’re not. It’s plexiglass. That’s another reason I used these windows for a jewelry display. I needed something to take to flea markets and craft shows to display my jewelry. And I really didn’t want to take a chance with glass windows. It gets a little windy out there and sometimes my displays go crashing down!
The old windows still had hinges on them so I just reused them where they were.
I gave the wood frames a couple of coats of white paint, DecoArt Chalky Finish in Everlasting.
Then I screwed cup hooks across the top to hang my necklaces.
And here it is on my shelf at Paris Flea Market!
When we moved to Texas, I ended up giving this jewelry display to the girls at The Spotted Cow so they could keep using it. I took some pictures of it there but I can’t find them now… I’ll keep looking. Meanwhile, you can head over to my blog to see lots more upcycled projects.

Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim

1 comment