Paper Magnolia Leaf Wreath

$10

I saved my Christmas cards for this upcycle project, but you could also use plain card stock to make this simple Magnolia Leaf Wreath. I also made it a little easier, using my Cricut cutting machine, but you could hand cut the leaves as well.
I started by separating out the cards that had mostly a plain front...no embossing and no glitter, then removed the front of the card.
I used my Cricut Maker to cut out about 75 leaves (I had a few left over.) You could cut them by hand if you wanted to.
I gave them a crease down the middle to give them more of a "leafy" feel.
I used a hot glue gun to attach them to a chipboard wreath form. I began by attaching the leaves in the middle of the wreath, varying the patterns as I went for an organic look.
Next, I attached leaves over the first row in a "V" formation, layering with a slight overlap as I went around the circle.
Once That step was complete, I filled in any sparse areas with leaves.
To finish the wreath, I flipped it over and attached a piece of wide ribbon with hot glue and let dry.
I hung it on my door! It is thin enough to fit between the storm door and is protected from the outside elements.

Mary from Real Girl's Realm