DIY Wood Stars (STAR LAMP)

$10

How I made wooden stars! Plus an easy hack for angled cuts!
Before jumping into this DIY I was pretty intimated about all the cuts but, it's easier then it seems. You'll need to make two types of cuts. One 18 degree cut and one 36 degree cut.I first started by cutting all my wood pieces at 12" inches in length. It's important to have them at least that long to cut easier later. You'll need a total of 10 pieces.
For the 18 degree cut you'll need to make a jig. I clamped a 2 by 4 on one side of my jig saw making sure it was flush against the wall ( fence) Than I set my miter saw to 45 degrees and cut it. That's it! Now you're jib is done.
Okay now set your miter saw to 27 degrees and cut all of you 12 inch pieces of wood on one end. By cutting them this way you're actually cutting them at an 18 degree angle.
Here's what they all should look like once you've cut them.
All that's left to do is cut the other ends of you 12 inch pieces at a 36 degree angle. ( 18 degrees on the left and 36 degrees shown on the right )
The hardest steps are done now all you have to do is glue them all together. I also added tape while the glue dries. You can additionally staple the seems on the back of the star for better durability. That's what I did. You can find more info on my blog and well as a super detailed video - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-wood-star/ I hope you found this helpful and it inspires you to create your own wood stars! :D
I styled my star 4 ways to gives you ideas. I love this moss star candle holder. MY favorite of all 4. Which one is your favorite?
This one is also pretty cool! I drilled a hole on the side and installed a light kit. :D

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Lily Oleynik

• Ann Dixon Satterthwaite

I love them all! You have a great idea there with your project! I think my very favorite one is the one with the ornaments in it. I just adore the gold and white tones of it!

• RC

This is awesome! I may try this but the mitre saw still scares. Loud and powerful!