DIY Wood Stars (STAR LAMP)

$10

How I made wooden stars! Plus an easy hack for angled cuts!
Before jumping into this DIY I was pretty intimated about all the cuts but, it's easier then it seems. You'll need to make two types of cuts. One 18 degree cut and one 36 degree cut.I first started by cutting all my wood pieces at 12" inches in length. It's important to have them at least that long to cut easier later. You'll need a total of 10 pieces.
For the 18 degree cut you'll need to make a jig. I clamped a 2 by 4 on one side of my jig saw making sure it was flush against the wall ( fence) Than I set my miter saw to 45 degrees and cut it. That's it! Now you're jib is done.
Okay now set your miter saw to 27 degrees and cut all of you 12 inch pieces of wood on one end. By cutting them this way you're actually cutting them at an 18 degree angle.
Here's what they all should look like once you've cut them.
All that's left to do is cut the other ends of you 12 inch pieces at a 36 degree angle. ( 18 degrees on the left and 36 degrees shown on the right )
The hardest steps are done now all you have to do is glue them all together. I also added tape while the glue dries. You can additionally staple the seems on the back of the star for better durability. That's what I did. You can find more info on my blog and well as a super detailed video - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-wood-star/ I hope you found this helpful and it inspires you to create your own wood stars! :D
I styled my star 4 ways to gives you ideas. I love this moss star candle holder. MY favorite of all 4. Which one is your favorite?
This one is also pretty cool! I drilled a hole on the side and installed a light kit. :D

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Lily Oleynik

• Ann Dixon Satterthwaite
    Ann Dixon Satterthwaite

I love them all! You have a great idea there with your project! I think my very favorite one is the one with the ornaments in it. I just adore the gold and white tones of it!

• RC
    RC

This is awesome! I may try this but the mitre saw still scares. Loud and powerful!

• RC
      RC

Thanks for your reply! I do use my mitre saw but it still scares me and I don't like using a potentially dangerous tool if I'm a wimp. I do have a mitre box also and keep telling myself I'll use that instead of the one with so much power. haha