DIY Wood Stars (STAR LAMP)

$10

How I made wooden stars! Plus an easy hack for angled cuts!
Before jumping into this DIY I was pretty intimated about all the cuts but, it's easier then it seems. You'll need to make two types of cuts. One 18 degree cut and one 36 degree cut.I first started by cutting all my wood pieces at 12" inches in length. It's important to have them at least that long to cut easier later. You'll need a total of 10 pieces.
For the 18 degree cut you'll need to make a jig. I clamped a 2 by 4 on one side of my jig saw making sure it was flush against the wall ( fence) Than I set my miter saw to 45 degrees and cut it. That's it! Now you're jib is done.
Okay now set your miter saw to 27 degrees and cut all of you 12 inch pieces of wood on one end. By cutting them this way you're actually cutting them at an 18 degree angle.
Here's what they all should look like once you've cut them.
All that's left to do is cut the other ends of you 12 inch pieces at a 36 degree angle. ( 18 degrees on the left and 36 degrees shown on the right )
The hardest steps are done now all you have to do is glue them all together. I also added tape while the glue dries. You can additionally staple the seems on the back of the star for better durability. That's what I did. You can find more info on my blog and well as a super detailed video - https://www.lilyardor.com/diy-wood-star/ I hope you found this helpful and it inspires you to create your own wood stars! :D
I styled my star 4 ways to gives you ideas. I love this moss star candle holder. MY favorite of all 4. Which one is your favorite?
This one is also pretty cool! I drilled a hole on the side and installed a light kit. :D

Lily Oleynik

• Linda Kuhn

Love it. Do you have any other projects with stars? I love decorating with them.

• Dee
    Just now

I love Stars, great inspiration.