Vintage Botanical Print Gallery Wall

$150

Although I'm more into doing the outside stuff right now, when I see something I like for my indoor decor, I just do it. After refreshing the dining room, I had this small empty wall that I wanted to decorate but wasn't sure what to do with, so I left it alone. I considered several options but ultimately decided on a small gallery wall. And I love the result!

I was inspired by a fellow blogger, Natalie from @vintageporch, who recently created a large gallery wall using downloadable vintage botanical prints and dollar store frames. I love how her wall turned out and thought this would be perfect in my dining room.
Since my wall area is much smaller than hers, I scaled it back to six 8×10 prints. There are so many downloadable prints to choose from and they are so inexpensive, easy to find and download.
That said, I’m a huge fan of working off other people’s recommendations. Since I loved the prints she chose and didn’t want to sort through hundreds of prints just to do something different, I purchased the same ones she used for like $12 from Etsy.
They are a perfect fit with my garden-style decor and I love how they look! I am planning to use them in my spring/summer decor then swap them out for something autumnal in fall and evergreen in winter.

Supplies for Vintage Botanical Print Gallery Wall

• Black Chalk Paint (or whatever color you choose)
  • Clear Finishing Paste Wax
  • 150 Grit Sandpaper
  • Paint Brush
  • Downloadable Vintage Botanical Print (there are so many to choose from on Etsy so shop around)
  • 8×10 Frames (or whatever size you choose)

Repurposing and Refinishing What I Have

When I first decided to create the gallery wall, I considered where to purchase new frames. Then it dawned on me…I have some in the basement that I’m not even using!
We used to have a large gallery wall of family photos in the basement living room. When I painted the walls last year, I took them down and only use a few in my decor now. Since I have ALOT of 8×10 frames leftover, they are perfect for this particular project. They have a reddish wood stain, but I decided to refinish them with black chalk paint that I had on hand so they would go better with my decor and the prints.
Before painting, I gave them each a light sanding. After dusting the debris off, I painted each with a few coats of black chalk paint. When they were completely dry, I lightly distressed each then applied a clear paste wax to protect the color.

Hanging the Gallery Wall

When the frames were dry, it was time to hang them. Usually my husband does this task because he is really great at it – he has a laser level, gets all into it and installs things perfectly. I have a tendency to put a lot of holes in the wall? So oftentimes I defer to him for this task. Since he has been pretty busy with work lately, I hung them myself. Not gonna lie, there’s definately more than 6 holes in the wall. LOL!
Aren’t those prints so pretty? They go so well with my garden-style decor and I really love them in the black frames!What do you think of the new botanical gallery wall? I am really happy with it and feel like it finishes off the room. Do you have a gallery wall? I’d love to see it if you do! If not, I hope this brought some inspiration for your indoor spaces.
To learn more, visit www.stacyling.com.

Stacy Ling

• Dar28498722

This cost you $150?????? How?

• Stacy Ling

If you buy your own frames it will cost you money for those, the paint and the prints. This project cost me only $12 for the prints bc I had everything else.

• Donna Williams Ralston

I like your botanical prints, but I really like your Windsor dining chairs. Can you tell me the brand?

donnara@sbcglobal.net

• Stacy Ling

Hey Donna!!! I’ll message you later today about them! Thank you!!!