Two Step Hanging Yarn Decor!
Grab some yarn, a dowel rod, or any type of rod or stick for that matter and some scissors and you'll have a cute hanging decor piece in no time!
Materials needed. Hot glue gun + glue sticks are optional.
Step One -
- Glue twine onto dowel rod
- Instead of gluing, you could also just tie twine on, just personal preference.
- Make sure if you glue, you glue down the tip of the ends so nothing comes unraveled
Step Two -
- Add yarn to rod by simply making a knot. You will start with your desired length (this will be half of the total length)
- Wrap the loop of the piece of yarn and pull the two end pieces through
- This is what the finished knot will look like after fully pulling it through
- When I have a thinner yarn, I will use multiple pieces for a single knot. This is 4 pieces of yarn together.
- Continue Step Two until you have your desired amount of yarn.
- You can also make knots or braids with the yarn to give more dimension. Make sure to give extra length on those bunches of yarn that you plan to braid or knot.
Step Three -
- Cut ends off to desired shape (straight across, angled, angled into center) + hang and enjoy!
I love making these, this little dowel rod one is for my front door!
I have multiple of these throughout my house, this one I'm actually using as decor for my upcoming wedding.
I used a piece of tree branch instead of a dowel rod for most of the ones in my house to achieve a more raw, natural look.
The great thing about this is you can make it as big or as small as you'd like. This is the largest one I have in my home. I never knew what to do with my large open walls, so I decided to make something to fill them myself and this came to mind!
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info