Asked on Feb 7, 2020

Do you have suggestions for good tiles for a swimming pool?

KmdreamerChas' Crazy CreationsJohnavallance82
+9

I recently bought a beautiful house with a small pool. I have plans of having a pool-side housewarming party and was planning to rejuvenate the pool. Please share some tile ideas. P.S: Planning to shift in Ending March.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Not knowing your style, I will say I am most impressed by Mediterranean type tile for a pool setting.

• ISABEL

E-mail in the morning

• Mogie

Depending on the condition of the pool a new resurfacing could do wonders. Do you want to add a slide or diving board? Are you looking for little cosmetic touches or a big overhaul for the pool? Do you have a budget or time frame?

• LHendrick

I also went through the same situation - I was redoing the pool and bathroom floor. Although Blue and white are popular colors for pools, I found this Aquamarine colored tile perfect for pools. Check it here It gives a deep-sea look to an otherwise shallow pool. But if you’re planning for the classic Blue color for your pool - I’ll suggest trying Cobalt blue. If you’re on the lookout of an attractive pattern as well, you can try pebble stone tiles - they look amazing

• Deb K

Hello RDick, hope this link helps you out! It has some very good ideas for colors,

https://swimart.com.au/2016/04/08/pool-tiles/

• Cynthia H

I don't have a pool, but, the ones with blue tile always look best to me!

• Cindy

I vote for blue. It makes the water look refreshing. Most pool liners are blue.

• Flipturn

What type of tiles does the pool have now?

Are they cracked or coming loose, or what is the reason why you want to replace them with something new?

A photo would help illustrate what you are starting with.

• Michelle Leslie

Hi there, are you looking to tile the area around your pool or replace the tiles inside the pool?

• Johnavallance82

Hi , Contact a POOL Company, They may be able to give you ideas and or connect you with a reasonable tiler.........

• Kmdreamer

Any tile will work it’s the prep and grout and glue that counts to stay on with the water.i would go to Home Depot or a pool place and ask for names of products