Thrifted Fabric Laundry Bag DIY Wall Decor

$25

Some days are better than others at the thrift shops. On one of the slower days, I found a fabric laundry bag priced at 99 cents. I didn't really have a plan for the laundry bag until I got it home.
The laundry bag was in pretty good condition, except for a lot of wrinkles. I laundered the bag, and ironed it.
I then pulled out a great laundry stencil from Old Sign Stencils. Click on my blog post link below for stencil information.The stencil can be used over and over again.
Luckily the stencil fit the length of the bag perfectly. I centered the stencil, and taped it in place with blue painter's tape. I pounced on the script stencils using Fusion Mineral Paint in Coal Black and Fusion in Algonquin for the arrow. I like to use Fusion Mineral Paint to stencil on fabrics. It can handle several washings, however an acrylic multi-surface craft paint will work too. If you need to iron the stenciled fabric, iron from the backside, or use a pressing cloth or parchment paper to iron on the stenciled side.
I made a loop on the ends of a piece of white rope, and strung a clothesline on my wall. The laundry bag was hung with old clothespins on the rope.
The laundry bag can be accessorized with old washboards, irons, buckets, etc.
Check out another laundry room project using this great stencil HERE.

Organized Clutter