DIY Fabric Scraps Storage Bin

$10

While cleaning my craft room, I realized I had a lot more fabric scraps sitting around than I realized. I needed a quick and easy place to store them, and this DIY Fabric Scraps Storage Bin was born! Budget-friendly, it only requires some plywood, a tomato cage, and a drop cloth, and can be made in just a few hours.
All I purchased for this project was the tomato cage - the plywood and drop cloth were both scraps I had sitting around.
I assembled the tomato cage, placed the plywood at the bottom, then bent the stakes of the cage around the plywood.
I stapled the stakes in place with 1/2" staples.
Honestly, I did a bad job bending the stakes, and they weren't perfectly even. My bin was a little lopsided, so to make it work I added feet of different thickness to level it out. This has an added bonus or preventing the staples from scratching my floor.
I also added a liner for the bin. I started by cutting fabric large enough to circle all four sides. I then sewed the first and last sides together.
Then I added a square bottom to fabric.
Finally, I added a hem at the top of the fabric.
I ended up spray painting my bin black at this point because I didn't love the way the green cage looked, and I'm so glad I did! It looks great, and I love the way the bin turned out!
If you like it too and think you might make your own, be sure to check out the DIY Fabric Scraps Storage Bin blog post. And if you love storage and organization projects, check out my DIY Bedside Organizer project. It's the perfect thing to keep your nightstand neat and tidy!

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Lindsay Fay

• Sarge

Love this idea as a "bin" for my grandchildren's toys that they like to leave at my house. I think I may have a go at this but will reverse the cage upside down and build a wood square piece to "circle" around the top so I don"t have to do the bending.

• Rene C

Really smart!