How to Add Flowers to Furniture With Decor Transfers

$65

Add flowers to your painted furniture for an extra touch! Here's how to use decor transfers to spice up your furniture! For more details on this makeover, click here to go to my blog.
This is what the dresser looked like when I got it. Pretty plain and nothing really going on. Then I painted it in a teal shade of milk paint.
Once the milk paint was all dry, I laid the dresser on it's back, with all of the drawers in place. Then I placed my decor transfer onto the drawer to see where I wanted it to go.I cut the transfer a little bit to better fit what I needed.
And then I used the wood stick provided to rub the transfer onto the freshly painted dresser. You don't want to seal the paint before adding the transfer, especially wax, because the topcoat may repel the transfer.Make sure to paint, transfer and then seal the piece of furniture. The transfer also sticks really really well! So once you rub it on, you can't go back, unless you sand it all off.
After the transfer was on, I distressed the transfer with 220 grit sandpaper to give it a worn look.
Then I sealed the dresser with my very favorite polyurethane topcoat and added some fun crystal knobs.
Enjoy your new floral dresser!!
For more details on this makeover, including links to products used, click here to go to my blog.

• Teal paint
  • Floral decor transfer
  • Topcoat

Natalie

• Linda Clark Harry

Love it but where do you get the transfers?

• Delphus

I won't ask the question again just wait for that answer

• Linda Clark Harry

Where did you get the transfers?

• Jo Falasca

No they are not sold in Michaels. You may be able to find a shop that carries them.

• Susan

It seems the topic is,where did you get the transfers? I’d like to know as well. You did a amazing job on the dresser. The color and transfers are perfect together. If you could let me know the color you used an where to get the transfers that would be great. Thanks so much, Susan

• CJ

GMS, scroll back up, just above the "Have a question about about this project?" There is a box with her icon and a "go" button. Click the go button and it will take you directly to her blog and this project.

• Jackie

love this dresser I to like to know where you got the tranfers.love all the colors.

• Joanie

It's a small dresser and the flowers and crystal knobs make it look so dainty and petite for a little girls room. I normally like stain on wood, but this dresser stole my heart. She is a beauty!! Great job!