Asked on Feb 11, 2020

How do I clean stained coffee cups?

KmdreamerSimple Nature DecorChriss Grijak
+12

I have Correlle coffee cups that are stained. I’ve use bleach, denture tablets and Mr. Clean scrubber sponges but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any ideas on how these cups can be whitened? Thank you!

• I always use Magic Eraser.

• Scarlet Paolicchi

Pour some vinegar on them and let soak for 30 minutes and then it should come off.

• Have you tried filling with white vinegar and setting outside in the sun? That's how I clean up stubborn stains.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Chriss,

I'd put a paste of baking soda on the stain, then put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the whole thing. Let that sit for a while then clean with warm water. I hope that helps. Wishing you the best.

• Redcatcec

Hi Chriss,

What I do is make a solution of baking soda and water, just let it soak about 8 hours and it should come clean with a sponge. If you want to make a concentrated version of this, just make a paste of the same ingredients and slather it on, let it set and clean off with a sponge and water.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Make a baking soda & hydrogen peroxide paste for a scrub. Then scrub with a netted cloth or scrubber.

Corelle is porous so be careful of anything with a "taste". Peroxide doesn't have one so it should be fine.

Other items that would work but might leave an aftertaste are lemon juice and cleaning vinegar.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Chriss, sorry your coffee cups are stained. i hope this will help you make them look like new. www.wikihow.com › ... › Kitchen Cleaning › Dishwashing

How to Get Stains out of White Mugs: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

Sep 4, 2019 - Are your white mugs discolored by coffee or tea stains? These stains can be particularly stubborn and difficult to remove, especially if they build ...

• Craft Invaders

I knew someone who always used salt to get stains out of cups - might be worth a try :)

• Melissa Wright

Salt really does the trick.

Get the mug a bit wet, then pour some salt (a teaspoon) in there and start scrubbing with your fingers. Think of it as like a body scrub but for mugs!

As another option (if that's an extremely old stain) - add salt, then pour hot water (from the tap, or boiled) over it so the salt dissolves. Then just let it sit there for a while - I do this overnight. Then wash as usual.

• JudyH

Make a thick paste using cream of tartar and water, apply to cups with a soft DRY cloth and rub as you would if polishing silver. Rinse and dry cups. If you want to use a commercial product, try Barkeepers Friend.

• Chriss Grijak

If the salt method doesn’t work then cream of tartar/water is my last hope! I’ve even contacted Correlle and I can replace them but was told the cups are not pure white anymore! Off white won’t work with the pure white dishes! Thank you!

• Simple Nature Decor

I have used baking soda

• Kmdreamer

Use. Lorax cleanup and spray 3 sprays in each cup and put the rest water let sit 30 min