Lamp Update | Time for a New Look

$7

I mentioned in my previous master bedroom update video that I wanted to change out our lamps or update them somehow. I just haven't found anything that I wanted to spend the extra money on so I chose to see what I could do with the lamps we have.
I chose to go with paint and some fun trim!So I started by wiping down the lamp shade with a damp cloth to make sure the surface was clean and free from dust and then I used some white paint and got to work.
It took 3 coats of paint to get the coverage I wanted and I am really happy with the result!*I used some leftover paint that I had and just added a tiny amount of water to thin it slightly. I felt like it went on much more smoothly that way.

I wanted to dress up the lampshade a bit, so I purchased some pom pom trim and used my hot glue gun to attach it to the shade.
I am loving how they turned out.We actually don't use these lamps very often but I like having them for the aesthetic value, as well as the option of using them and having that extra lighting when needed. And now with the simple changes I made I will like them much more!So fun!

Because I used mostly items I had on hand this was extremely easy on the budget!The pom pom trim was the only purchase I made and it was inexpensive, plus I have a lot left over for future craft projects!
I think they are going to go perfectly in our bedroom now with all the other updates that I am working on in there and I am loving the fresh new look.
I have the corresponding video on my youtube channel, and linked here as well.

ClutteredCorkBoard

• Phyllis

I love the update! Beautiful. I'm looking for some small lamps for my buffet at thrift stores. I think your idea will be perfect when I find matching lamps in the right size. Thanks for the great and simple idea.

• Joanie

I have the exact lamps and shades. You gave me a great idea 👍