Asked on Feb 11, 2020

How do I clean concrete floors?

KmdreamerSimple Nature DecorMelissa Wright
+10

I clean a restraunt/bar and the floor is a smooth concrete floor. It stains really easy from spills & the acid from slices of lemon, lime, oranges eat away at whatever finish the floor has leaving chalky white stains.

• Kathy Gunter Law

1 cup baking soda

1 cup white cleaning vinegar

1 Tbsp blue Dawn

2 gallons hot water (I boil about 1/3 of mine)

• Mogie

For seriously dirty floors, a mix of half a cup of baking soda with a gallon of warm water and one-eighth cup of dishwashing liquid will pull up simple stains as well as grime, pollen and dust. The baking soda will also help to remove any odors, such as those that can accumulate on outdoor concrete floors.

To clean an untreated concrete floor, DON'T use vinegar. This common household cleaner can eat away at concrete and leave behind an unwanted mark. However, this quality does make vinegar a useful tool for those who want to up the aesthetic value of a plain concrete floor with etched patterns.

• Dee

I would get a cleaner degreaser like KrudKutter, or Purple Power. Both are amazing on floors.

• It sounds like they need a good sealer. Here's a good link:

https://www.wikihow.com/Seal-Concrete-Floors

• Chloe Crabtree

Some good cleaners include Castile soap, liquid dish detergent, stone cleaners and mild floor cleaners. Mix a solution, apply to floor with a wet mop and then rinse with a mop dipped in clean water. To make your concrete floors resistant to future stains, apply a concrete sealant.

• Cindy

Hi Jacqueline. I would use a concrete cleaner on this floor. Rinse it well, two or three times. Then seal it to eliminate the acid stains.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hardware stores sell cleaner made specifically for cement.

• I would paint and seal them to protect it

• Johnavallance82

Hi,

Sounds as if you should mention to the owners of the Bar that the floor finish needs to be redone as the acid has damaged the surface and as time goes by it will only get worse..........Hope all goes well for you. They should be happy you have brought it to their attention!

• Melissa Wright

I don't know how well it would work on large areas, but laundry soap on a wet floor with a broom actually works pretty good! Lightly scrub in (push broom) and let sit over night. Rinse. After it is dry, if their are still spots left, repeat.

Twice that bar owners need to seal the floor.

• Simple Nature Decor

I use damp mop, its not good to soak concrete floors

• Kmdreamer

Scrub brush bleach and degreaser but do separate don’t mix together