Easy Faux Cement Sign

$5

I have one of the coolest ways for you to use Styrofoam! I have a box in the basement full of shipping boxes and packaging supplies, which includes lots of Styrofoam sheets. I had a different idea in mind when I cut out a Styrofoam heart, but ended up turn it into this easy faux cement sign and I love how it turned out.
The Styrofoam I used for this project was about 1" thick. I cut out a heart on a piece of paper and then traced onto the Styrofoam.
Use a utility knife (or designated craft knife) to cut out the shape of your sign. Once your sign is cut out, add black and white paint randomly to the sign.
Use a paint brush to start blending the paint. You want to blend the paint, but leave areas that are darker and lighter. You can add more paint until you are happy with the look of your "cement".
When the paint is dry, write your message on the sign with a pencil. I traced H & M for Holly & Matt. You can add a special date, a name, favorite quote... whatever you want! I have free printable letters here.
Use a pointy object to trace the writing, making sure to press into the sign. Once everything was traced, I filled in with a little bit of dark grey paint.
This was so easy to make and it look so cool!
It's as light as a feather so you can add an adhesive strip to the back and hang on the wall.
It looks just as good sitting on the mantel!
This would be a great gift with a handwritten message that could be cherished for a long time. You can have kids write their names on it for a fun way to preserve their sweet little writing!
I have lots more crafts and ways to upcycle items on the blog.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Martha W

Very clever! (And I really love your colourful paintings and the fabric art!!)

• Val

So clever and the less weight, the better! I love it and all of your other many beautiful ideas. The plants in the yarn wrapped containers are sweetness.