Barstool Makeover

$60

It is so crazy to see what a little paint and fabric can do to some furniture. With imagination, paint and fabric, possibilities can really be endless. I was looking for some new bar stools that had backs on them, but I didn’t want to spend a fortune on them. I found these ordinary stools on Facebook marketplace for just $30.

At first I wanted to do something fun and out of the box, so I bought some yarn and began wrapping. But the more I looked at it, the more I thought spray painting them white was the way to go.

Although this was a fun and interesting design, it just looked too harsh against all the white in the space.

After seeing them white, I knew keeping them simple would be the way to go. So I began covering the cushions with a faux leather fabric.

I cut the fabric with some excess to ensure I could secure it to the underside.

I secured the back using a staple gun.

I then finished spraying the stools with a white spray paint and I couldn’t be happier with the finished stools.

• Brocho

Great job! Is your gun stapler one of the typical kinds, as you show in your links, or is it more of a specific kind and there’s a reason you purchased that one?

• Ash | Dash Lifestyles

Hi there, it’s a typical electric stapler and no specific reason in choosing the Stanley brand, other than it’s a high quality brand. :)

• Sophiatse1

How do change indoor iron bar stool to out door high bar stool

• Jody Price

This is what I did with my barstools. I bought 6 at an 'old beer joint' on the island. I kept the red leather seats. They are in amazingly good condition. The stools are solid wood and I have no idea how old they are. 🐬

• Ann Dougherty

I found a free set of 4 tall patio barstools with a table base that had a broken glass top on Craigslist, all we had to do was pick it up.

I want to paint all of the metal, and build a wooden top for the table.

I haven't decided on a color yet, but I will paint all of the patio furniture to match, when I dive into this project!

The seats are still in good shape. 😊