Asked on Feb 13, 2020

Good bye

BetsyHomeroadPamela
+12

Thanks but no thanks. I don't want anyone pushing anything on me or anyone else and I truly believe that is exactly what Facebook is doing. I have really enjoyed your site but I will no longer be using it. Good luck in your future.

• Cheryl A

We are not part of facebook and this site is to help you with answers to your home and garden projects. If you have a specific issue you should tell us what it is or report it to the administrator~ we answer your questions and do not try to push anything on anyone we research and find answers and nothing more. I think you have us mixed up with facebook

• Tinyshoes

So sorry you won't be a part of Hometalk even though you have enjoyed it but we are NOT Facebook and I personally have nothing to do with Facebook myself.

• Redcatcec

Hometalk is a really good site for those of us who need help with everyday projects, it has nothing to do with FB. Nothing from Hometalk is being pushed onto you? Are you sure you have your facts straight?

• Cynthia H

I agree with all the others. This site is independent from Facebook. Maybe you are getting notifications or recommendations after accidentally following. I get a lot of recommendations from my friends on Facebook, without following those sites. There is usually a link where you can block something from your feed. Good luck, and I am sorry this site isn't to your taste.

• Sharon

FB has the nasty bots that follow anything your search on a site or visit a web page and feeds it back to you has ads..... this has nothing to do with Hometalk, you can simple use Adblock to block ads and you will see none on Hometalk.

• If you're getting too many emails, etc., you can change your settings.

• Peggy Burnette

So sorry you are leaving. I have found I learn something new every time I use this site. Again sorry you are leaving

• Cindy

Sorry you have had bad experience with Facebook. I don't like FB either. Too many people put personal information there. It makes them targets for scammers. We just give advice on do-it-yourself projects. No more.

• Johnavallance82

Hi there,

I have never used Facebook, but I do use Hometalk............Maybe you don't have to use Facebook either to use Hometalk!

• Beth

Sorry you're having a hard time! I second the recommendation from others to check on your notifications settings. I don't get very many emails from Hometalk and I don't get any notifications. You can set it up to be less intrusive if you want! :-)

• Lucky Home Today

Good Luck to you!

• Change you email setting with hometalk to stop recieving them. That way you can continue to enjoy the projects.

• Pamela

Sorry to see you go ! Just use the site when you need to learn how to do something !

good luck !

• Homeroad

Sorry to see you go.

Hi Dbf: I'm not sure what is being pushed on you, but if you want to go, good bye. It's been a pleasure helping you with any projects we helped you with, if we did. Good luck to you and so long. I hope you reconsider if you need any help with a project.